General business Terms and Conditions
for Hotel Accommodation Contracts (AGBH 8.1)
EU Online Dispute Resolution
1 Area of application
1.1 These General Business Terms and Conditions apply to contracts on the
provision for rental use of hotel rooms for lodging and to all other services and supplies
provided to the customer by the hotel in this connection (Hotel Accommodation Contract).
They do not apply to package travel within the meaning of section 651a German Civil Code (BGB).
The term ”Hotel Accommodation Contract” encompasses and replaces the following terms:
lodging, guest accommodation, hotel and hotel room contract.
1.2 The sub-letting or re-letting of the rooms provided for use and the use
thereof for any purposes other than those of lodging is subject to the prior consent of the hotel
in text form, whereby the right to terminate pursuant to section 540 (1) sentence 2 of the German
Civil Code (BGB) is excluded.
- 1.3 General business terms and conditions of the customer shall only be applicable if this has been explicitly agreed in text form.
- 2.1 The hotel and the customer are the parties to the contract. The contract is concluded by acceptance by the hotel of the application made by the customer. If the booking is made via the hotel’s own web page, the contract is concluded by clicking the button ”Book with obligation to pay ✔” confirming the reservation and the customer’s obligation to pay.
3.1 The hotel is obliged to keep the rooms reserved by the customer available and
to render the services agreed.
3.2 The customer is obliged to pay the hotel’s prices that are agreed for or
applicable to the provision of the room for use and to other services used by the customer.
This also applies to services ordered by the customer either directly or through the hotel which
are performed by third parties and paid for in advance by the hotel.
3.3 The prices agreed are inclusive of the taxes and local taxes applicable at the
time when the contract is concluded. They do not include local taxes such as local visitor’s tax
[Kurtaxe] which the guest owes himself or herself under local community law.
The prices shall be adjusted accordingly in the event of changes to the statutory value added tax
or of the introduction, change or elimination of local taxes on the subject matter of the contract
after the contract has been entered into. In the case of contracts with consumers, this only
applies if the period of time elapsing between the date of conclusion of the contract and the date
of performance of the contract is longer than four months.
3.4 If payment by invoice [Zahlung auf Rechnung] is agreed, payment shall be made
within ten days of receipt of the invoice without any deductions being made, unless otherwise
3.5 When the contract is entered into, the hotel has the right to request a
reasonable advance payment or security from the customer, for example in the form of a credit
card guarantee. The amount of the advance payment and the payment dates can be agreed in the
contract in text form. The provisions of statute shall apply in the event of late payment by the
3.6 In justified cases, for example if the customer is in arrears in payment or
if the scope of the contract is extended, the hotel has the right to demand, even after the
contract has been concluded up until the time when the residence commences, advance payment or
security as set out in subsection 3.5 above or an increase in the amount of the advance payment or
security agreed in the contract up to the full amount of the remuneration agreed.
3.7 Further, the hotel has the right to request, at the beginning and during the
course of the customer’s stay, a reasonable advance payment or security within the meaning of
subsection 3.5 above for existing and future claims under the contract, insofar as no such payment
or security has already been made or provided pursuant to subsection 3.5 and/or 3.6 above.
3.8 The customer may only offset or net out an undisputed claim or a claim
established by final and absolute court decision against a claim of the hotel.
- 3.9 The customer is in agreement with the invoice being sent to the customer by electronic transmission.
4.1 It is only possible for the customer to unilaterally dissolve the contract
concluded with the hotel if a revocation right has been explicitly agreed in the contract or if
there is a statutory revocation right or termination right.
4.2 If the hotel and the customer have agreed upon a deadline for revocation of
the contract free of charge, the customer may revoke the contract up until that date without
triggering any claims for payment or damages by the hotel. The customer’s revocation right expires
if the customer does not exercise this right vis-à-vis the hotel in text form by the agreed
- 4.3 If no revocation right has been agreed or if it has already expired, and if there is no statutory right of revocation or termination either, then the hotel retains its entitlement to the remuneration agreed although the service was not used. The hotel shall offset income from otherwise letting the rooms and saved expenditures. If the rooms are not otherwise let, the hotel can apply a flat rate for the saved expenditures. In this case the customer is obliged to pay 90% of the contractually-agreed price for overnight accommodation with or without breakfast and for package deals with third-party services, 70% for half board and 60% for full board. The customer is at liberty to demonstrate that the above claim did not arise or not in the amount claimed.
5.1 If it has been agreed that the customer may revoke the contract free of charge
within a certain period, then the hotel has, for its part, the right to revoke the contract within
this period if inquiries are made by other customers relating to the contractually reserved rooms
and if the customer does not waive its revocation right after a request is made by the hotel and a
reasonable time period set. This shall apply accordingly if the customer has been granted an option
and if other inquiries are made and the customer is not prepared to make a firm booking after a
request is made by the hotel and a reasonable time period set.
5.2 The hotel also has the right to revoke the contract if an advance payment or
security agreed or required in accordance with subsection 3.5 and/or subsection 3.6 has not been
paid after an appropriate period of grace set by the hotel has expired.
5.3 Further, the hotel has the right, for an objectively legitimate reason, to
revoke the contract for extraordinary grounds, in particular in the event of
- force majeure or other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible, which render performance of the contract impossible;
- rooms and spaces being reserved by culpably providing material facts that are wrong or misleading or by failing to provide material facts; in this context the term material can mean the identity of the customer, the customer’s ability to pay or the purpose of the residence;
- the hotel having reasonable grounds to assume that the use of the service can jeopardize the smooth running of the business, the safety or public reputation of the hotel without this being attributable to the area of responsibility or organization of the hotel;
- the purpose of or the reason for the stay being in violation of the law;
- a breach of subsection 1.2.
- 5.4 Revocation by the hotel that is justified does not give the customer the right to claim damages. If, in the event of revocation under subsection 5.2 or 5.3 above, the hotel has a claim for damages against the customer, the hotel can claim this as a flat rate. In this case, subsection 4.3 shall apply accordingly.
6.1 The customer does not acquire a right to the provision of specific rooms
unless this has been explicitly agreed in text form.
6.2 The reserved rooms shall be available for use by the customer with effect from
15:00 hours on the agreed date of arrival. The customer has no right to earlier availability.
- 6.3 The rooms shall be vacated and available for use by the hotel by 11:00 noon at the latest on the agreed departure date. After this time, as the room was vacated late, the hotel has the right to charge for the room use exceeding that which was contractually agreed in an amount of 50% of the full accommodation price up until 14:00 hours and in an amount of 90% after 14:00 hours (price as per price list). This does not give rise to contractual rights of the customer. The customer is at liberty to demonstrate that the hotel did not acquire a claim for compensation for use or acquired a significantly lower claim.
7.1 The hotel is liable for damage which it is accountable for resulting from
injury to life, body or health. It is further liable for other damage which is based on an
intentional or grossly-negligent breach of duty of the hotel or on an intentional or negligent
breach of duties of the hotel typical of the type of contract [vertragstypischen Pflichten].
Duties typical of the type of contract are those duties which enable the proper execution of the
contract altogether and which the customer relies on being performed and is able to rely on being
performed. A breach of duty of a statutory representative or person engaged in performance of an
obligation of the hotel [Erfüllungsgehilfe] is equivalent to a breach of duty of the hotel.
More far-reaching claims for damages are excluded unless otherwise provided for in this Section 7.
If there should be any disruptions or deficiencies in the services of the hotel, the hotel shall
endeavor to remedy this when it has knowledge thereof or upon a complaint being made without undue
delay by the customer. The customer is obliged to contribute what it can be reasonably expected to
contribute in order to remedy the disruption and minimize possible damage.
7.2 The hotel is liable to the customer in accordance with the provisions of
statute for items brought with the customer. The hotel recommends the use of the hotel or room
safe. If the customer wishes to bring with him or her money, securities or valuables valued at
over Euro 800 or other property items valued at over Euro 3.500 a separate safekeeping agreement
must be entered into with the hotel.
7.3 If the customer is provided with a parking space in the hotel garage or in the
hotel parking lot, even if this is for payment, a custody contract is not concluded as a result. If
cars parked or driven on the hotel premises or the contents thereof are lost or damaged, the hotel
is only liable in accordance with sentences 1 to 4 of subsection 7.1 above.
- 7.4 Wake-up calls are made with great care by the hotel. Messages for customers are treated with care. After prior agreement with the customer, the hotel can accept, store and – if desired – dispatch for a charge mail and consignments of goods. In this connection the hotel is only liable in accordance with sentences 1 to 4 of subsection 7.1 above.
8.1 Alterations and supplements to the contract, to acceptance of the application
and to these General Business Terms and Conditions shall be made in text form. Unilateral changes
or supplements are ineffective.
8.2 If the customer is a merchant or public law legal entity, the courts of
31533 Neustadt have exclusive jurisdiction and venue. The hotel can, however, at its election,
also bring legal action against the customer at the place of the customer’s registered office.
This also applies to customers not covered by sentence 1 above if they do not have their registered
office or place of residence in an EU member state.
8.3 German law shall apply. The application of the UN Convention on Contracts for
the International Sale of Goods is excluded.
8.4 In compliance with its statutory obligation the hotel points out that the
European Union has set up an online platform for the extrajudicial resolution of consumer disputes
The hotel undertakes to participate. Additional information is available on the ODR platform, cf. Art. 14 (2) ODR Regulation.
© Hotelverband Deutschland (IHA) e.V. - Version: October 2021
Please note. Our house is a nonsmoking hotel
our rooms has been lovingly and consuming modernized. Our aim is to provide our guests a place of rest and relaxation after work or on their journey. Our house is a nonsmoking hotel for a healthy and relaxing comfort zone. We would like to ask to refrain from smoking in the whole house and to use only the courtyard outside. There are ashtrays and chairs for your convenience.
We would like to point out that in case of non-observance we will charge you a flat rate of 100,00 € per night on departure for the additional costs of room cleaning.
Our staff has the right to immediately refer guests of the hotel when the smoking ban was ignored. For damage suffered by us, we allow ourselves next to the cleaning costs, the total accommodation costs charged to represent.
With the reservation of a room in our house, you are agreeing to these terms.
We wish you a pleasant stay.